Ever wish an author visit could last longer? That students could continue to work on a project over time with an author's guidance and support? If so, an author residency might be for you!
How it Works:
- I will come to your school 6 times. Each of the first five sessions will be three hours long, and the last session will be an hour-long book launch celebration.
- During the three hour sessions, I will work with up to three groups of students. (Groups = classrooms, grade levels, etc.)
- Session 1: How writers come up with ideas, intro to magical realism
- Session 2: The writing process, parts of a story
- Session 3: Techniques for character development, what to do if you get stuck
- Session 4: Revision - why and how!
- Session 5: Other parts of a book: dedication, acknowledgements, about the author, jacket flap, blurbs
- Session 6: Book launch celebration with parents
- Cost of this program is $2,800
- 100% of instruction
- Large group instruction and individual writing conferences
- Detailed information about my own writing and revision process
- Resources to use in the classroom between sessions
- A fun, unique, memorable experience
- Support during lessons
- Paper and pencils
- Blank books for finished product (available on Amazon)
- Time between sessions for students to type their work
Write narratives to develop real or imagined experiences or events using effective technique, descriptive details, and clear event sequences.
Produce clear and coherent writing in which the development and organization are appropriate to task, purpose, and audience.
Write routinely over extended time frames (time for research, reflection, and revision) and shorter time frames (a single sitting or a day or two) for a range of discipline-specific tasks, purposes, and audiences.
With guidance and support from peers and adults, develop and strengthen writing as needed by planning, revising, and editing.
... and more!
Have questions, or ready to set up an Author Residency for your school? Contact me!
Looking for a one-time presentation or writing workshop? Click here!